No Impediment Form

The material presented on the website is for informational purposes only and is not presented as error-free. This is not professional advice and should not be construed as such. The material presented on this server may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Therefore, notaries and apostille members assume no responsibility for actions taken as a result of using this information. In addition, Notary & Apostille Service, its members, representatives or employees assume no responsibility for errors or omissions in the material on this website. If the documents are not in English, they must be accompanied by an English translation by a professional translator. Download and complete the Application for a Marriage Certificate (CNI) Form. The process for submitting your form and documents varies depending on whether you are in Australia or overseas. You can submit your application by mail or in person. If you plan to marry in another country that is a member of the Hague Apostille Convention, you will be asked to apostille a document called a certificate of non-impediment to marriage (affidavit of single status).

In some countries, you may also need to submit these documents for employment. Limited Liability: In no event shall Notary & Apostille Service, Members, its agents or employees be liable for any damages, losses or other expenses incurred in connection with this website or its use or inability to use it by any party or in connection with any failure of performance, errors, omissions, interruptions, defects, delays in operation or transmission. Computer viruses or line or system errors, even if Notary & Apostille Service, members or its representatives are advised of the possibility of such damages, losses or other expenses. Sign the form only in the presence of an authorized witness. You have to watch while you sign it. This website is very informative regarding the Single Status Brief or the Non-impediment Letter. If you follow the tips and information below and can`t find a source for your unique status letter, please re-read the information above as there is something you can use here. This page is often updated when new information is discovered, so I don`t have any new information to give you. The only personal advice I can give you is to tell you that you should check with your clerk, city clerk (this is where you usually get married) or the district clerk`s office and refer to this website to review it and choose the method or document you believe. that it will help you. If you have new information that can be used to update this website and help someone else, please click the button below so that we can share that information with others.

On this page you will find information on how to know if you need to legalise your document and which documents we can legalise in Australia. #1. If you are looking for a CERTIFICATE OF NON-IMPEDIMENT and can`t find one? Good news if you are looking for the Single Status Brief in New York (Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx, Staten Island, Manhattan, NYC). New York City will issue you a certificate of non-impediment. This is an official attestation that the city`s office of the clerk has no information that would be an “obstacle” for you to obtain a marriage license in New York. Non-impediment certificates may only be issued to residents of New York. If you are applying in Australia, you will also need to submit a document legalization application form. Please note: Notary & Apostille Service does not have any additional information on these forms or on how you can obtain a unique status letter or where you can obtain a single status letter. These forms are provided “as is”. If you find them useful, that`s great. If you can, please leave information when you find that you are here on other blogs so that others can also find this individual status information. If you call or email us for more information, you will only be redirected to this page.

If you follow the information above or below, you should be able to find your source for a unique status letter. The site is supported by users just like you. If you have additional information that you would like to share with everyone, you can send us an email by clicking on the button below The above information can be confusing, so here`s a review: A marriage non-disability certificate is an official certificate attesting that the City Clerk`s Office has no information that would constitute a “barrier” to obtaining a marriage certificate. If you plan to get married in another country, you must obtain a certificate of non-disability. There are basically 2 types of non-obstacle letter or individual status letter, there is an affidavit and an affidavit. The difference between them is that in one case you make and sign a statement and in the other case, you swear that the statements with your signature are true. Check with the authorities of the country where you want to get married to see if you need an affidavit or affidavit. The following is an example of a single-status affidavit certificate: For assistance or more information on applying for an ID: Any unauthorized use of the material contained herein is at the user`s own risk. The transmission of the information and documents contained herein is not intended to create an agreement to establish a relationship with Notary & Apostille Service, the owner or any member thereof, and receipt does not constitute an agreement. Keep in mind that to obtain a certificate of non-disability, you must reside in New York City.

The City Clerk of New York will issue you a certificate of non-impediment valid for six months from the date of issue. In the United States, a disability marriage certificate is commonly referred to as an affidavit of single status. Some countries may require you to go to the consulate to have this form signed in front of you, while other countries require a notary stamp. Whichever document you have chosen, you must also have it legalized or apostilled. This list is still under construction, if you have information that can be used to update this list, please contact the Notary & Apostille Service. You will need to ask an authority at your destination if you need a CKD. DFAT cannot tell you anything about the rules and requirements of an overseas country. It is your responsibility to find what you need.

This website does not constitute legal advice or the provision of legal services. Some links within this website may lead to other websites. Notary & Apostille Service does not necessarily sponsor, endorse or approve the materials that appear on these websites. You can get most documents from your local birth, death, and marriage registry. Contact your destination`s embassy or consulate in Australia. Alternatively, if you have a contact in your destination to help you with your wedding plans, you can contact them. through the consulate or embassy to go to the county clerks` office, city clerks or city clerk`s office to get that certificate of non-impediment letter, or they may even tell you to go to your federal government to get that affidavit from them. Most city clerks will tell you they won`t issue them, or they can search their divorce database and give you a “form letter” stating that no divorce certificate was found.

Since this form letter does not have an on-line signature, it cannot be notarized, so it will not meet your needs. If you submit this certificate of non-impediment application online, you will receive a confirmation number. To complete your application, you must bring your confirmation number, along with the appropriate identification, payment, and any additional documents required, to the Manhattan Clerk`s office. #1. This is probably the only single status letter that is most commonly used. PDF WORD Download the document, fill it out and take it to a notary. The Australian government may provide certain notarial services. The services we offer vary depending on whether they are requested in Australia or overseas. We charge a fee for our service. If you plan to get married in another country, you have a list of requirements that must be met to be married. One of these requirements is that you receive a single status letter or certificate of non-disability.

This document has many different names such as Declaration of Non-Disability to Marriage, Single Affidavit, Affidavit of Intended Marriage, Declaration instead of Certificate of Non-Disability of Marriage Abroad, Certificate of Custom, Certificate of Non-Obstacle, Certificate of Nulla Osta, Certificate of Freedom to Marry or Simply Marry Freely. Our fees increase based on the Consumer Price Index on January 1 of each year. Here is an example of an affidavit / affidavit of civil status issued by a U.S. embassy/consulate general: Some countries require this document to be issued in Canada. You will not accept any document issued by a Canadian embassy, high commission or consulate abroad.